Our weekly look at how notable Bengals free agent losses and cuts are faring.
During free agency ’08, the Bengals lost three players — Landon Johnson, Madieu Williams and Justin Smith — and in their final cuts released fan favorites Rudi Johnson and Willie Anderson, as well as Deltha O’Neal and Ahmad Brooks. So, how did this years’ crop of ex-Bengals fare in week 8?
- Minnesota had a bye this week. They are hoping to finally see Madieu next week against Houston. It would be his first appearance of the year.
- Anderson got his third start in the Ravens’ victory over Oakland. Overall, he has appeared in 6 of Baltimore’s 7 games.
- Landon recorded 2 tackles in Carolina’s win over Arizona. He now has 11 tackles for the year.
- Rudi Johnson had 8 carries for 21 yards and a TD, and 1 catch for 10 yards, in the Lions’ loss to Washington. On the year, that gives him 54/189/1 on the ground and 8/71/1 through the air, with 1 fumble.
- Deltha O’Neal chalked up 2 tackles and an INT against the Rams, bringing his season totals to 18 tackles, 1 pass defensed and 2 picks.
- Justin Smith had 3 tackles in the 49ers’ loss to the Seahawks. For the year he has 40 tackles, 3 sacks, a FF and an INT.
- Ahmad, also now in San Francisco, has been inactive all year.