According to multiple sources the NFL and NFLPA has reached an agreement in principal and [a form of] Free Agency is going to be starting today.
The tentative timeline and rules for Free Agency is as follows:
- Teams can sign UDFA’s. (10 am Eastern Time)
- Teams can sign Draft picks. (10 am Eastern Time)
- Team can trade players.
- Teams can negotiate with UFA’s, and RFA’s.
- Facilities open up for voluntary training and classroom time.
- Players can report to training camp.
- Teams can cut players. (4:01 Eastern)
- Bengals are scheduled to arrive in Georgetown. (May be moved back one day)
- Teams can sign their own RFA’s and UFA’s as well as other teams Free Agents. (6 pm Eastern)
- Teams can file transactions with NFL.
told that reports saying teams can sign own players today and UFAs on Tuesday is inaccurate. UFAs later this week