It was a game of tag in the NFL Friday, only this was the kind you’d like to play because if you were tagged it meant you got millions of dollars. Here are the NFL players who have gotten a franchise tag thus far:
- Mike Nugent, Bengals kicker
- Ray Rice, Ravens running back
- Matt Forte, Bears running back
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals defensive end.
- DeSean Jackson, Eagles wide receiver
- Fred Davis, Redskins tight end
- Brent Grimes, Falcons cornerback
- Dashon Goldson, 49ers safety
- Phil Dawson, Browns kicker
- Tyvon Branch, Raiders safety
There are still several players expected to receive the tag by Monday’s deadline if no long-term deals are reached. Drew Brees is guaranteed to get it, but after that its still up in the air for players like Chargers WR Vincent Jackson, Colts DE Robert Mathis, and Chiefs CB Brandon Carr, all of whom the Bengals could target if they are not given the tag.