I guess it’s my turn to fill out a mock draft. I’ll compare mine with the rest of the Stripehype.com crew, and we’ll see what happens. I’ll write a brief summary for each pick to explain myself. Without any further ado, here we go
1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford-Simply the best quarterback prospect in many years. He’s big, strong, accurate, and more athletic than some realize. It’s almost not fair the Indy gets to go from Peyton to Luck.
2. Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor-RGIII is a heck of a consolation prize. His athleticism is well documented, but he is also accurate and strong-armed. He will fit in well with Washington’s system.
3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, T, USC-The Vikings drafted Christian Ponder to be their QB, and need to protect him. This pick shouldn’t require much thought, with a left tackle being their biggest need by far.
4. Cleveland Browns: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama-The Browns need playmakers on offense, and Richardson definitely qualifies. Easily the #1 back in the draft, he’ll make opposing teams respect the run game, helping Colt McCoy immensely.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU-The Bucs need help with a secondary in transition. Claiborne has great speed and excellent hands. He’ll be an immediate improvement and the future anchor at the position.