Best players with an actual shot to make the roster:
1. ILB- Vontaze Burfict: 1st-2nd round talent with off the field issues, you’ve all heard of his problems, but I think he keeps his head on straight, gets in good shape and make the team. The better shape he’s in, the better chance he has to contribute, and perhaps start week one with a Maualuga suspension. I think Burfict has a great shot to make the team, the next guys can stick on the PS and maybe contribute if an injury happens.
2. DE- Julian Miller: Did great his junior year (9 sacks), injured himself and then had a sub-par, undraftable senior campaign (6 sacks). I think he can rush the passer, if he keeps a great motor, he could challenge Derrick Harvey for a spot.
3. G- Trevor Robinson: This is a boon-or-bust type guy, he has an athletic body (6-5/310) and he was a four year starter at Notre Dame, he could beat someone out but will definitely land somewhere if we cut him.
4. OLB/DE- Brandon Joiner: He comes from the SunBelt Conference, which has produced some great DE’s. Might make a splash and catch on with the team.
Wild Card players I really like:
1. WR- Kashif Moore: Lit up the combine, (4.37-40) and a 43.5 vertical, he is a hungry player that has said he’ll do anything to make the team, can’t have too many Hawkins-like players can you?
2. CB- Derrius Brooks: He’s only been a corner for two seasons(switched from reciever), he would be our fastest corner, (4.38) and he shut down LSU’s Rueben Randall, who was a 2nd round prospect.
These are all guys that can make our team better in the future, i think these players along with our great draft puts the Bengals over the top for the best April.