8. Matt Forte: Forte is another guy who had a huge season derailed by injury. He did have nearly 1,500 total yards in 12 games. If healthy and motivated, there’s no reason he won’t have a big year.
7. Fred Jackson: Jackson only played in ten games, but had almost 1,000 yards rushing and 500 receiving in that span. He had an amazing 5.5 yard per carry average. Look for a strong return in 2012.
6. Michael Turner: All Turner did was rush for another 1,300 yards and 11 TDs. He’s not as flashy as the guys above him, and doesn’t catch it very well, but hand him the football and watch him gain yards.
5. LeSean McCoy: “Shady” was a marvel to watch in 2011. A homerun threat on every play, McCoy averaged 4.8 yards per run, and had 14 carries of more than 20 yards. He also led the league with 20 total TDs, 17 of them on the ground.
4. Adrian Peterson: He missed four games with injury last season, but “managed” nearly 1,000 yards rushing, and scored 13 TDs. If he stays healthy, and Minnesota’s O-line can give him a little room, expect him back at the top of this list next year.