8. Antonio Gates- When healthy, Gates is one of the best of all-time. He missed 3 games last season and still had nearly 800 yards and 7 TDs. However, that makes 2 straight seasons with missed games. It’s a big concern.
7. Brandon Pettigrew- The Lions were an elite offense and Pettigrew is a big reason. He caught 83 passes and should continue to get better. He’s also a pretty good blocker. Pettigrew isn’t fast, but is athletic and makes plays.
6. Tony Gonzalez- Gonzalez is a sure-fire hall-of-famer, and is still playing at a high level. Even in his 15th year, he had 80 receptions and 7 TDs. He isn’t as good as he once was, but is still better than most.
5. Aaron Hernandez- The other guy in New England’s 2-TE set. Hernandez isn’t as tall as the other guys on this list, but has great speed and plays like a WR. Gronkowski was the main guy, but Hernandez did have 900 yards and 7 TDs.
4. Jason Witten- Witten just keeps going. He’s not the fastest, biggest, or strongest guy, but he does everything well and is as reliable as they come. He’s a big reason Tony Romo is a top 10 quarterback.