A few months ago, I posted some fun predictions that, obviously, were in jest, not only of some of the other teams, but of my own Bengals. It was an attempt to bring a little bit of brevity to the art of foretelling what might happen in the upcoming NFL season. (They can be found here and here if you want to check them out) This time, I put aside the fun and give you some can’t miss (in theory anyway) predictions for the 2012 season, one for each team. As always, use them wisely.
2. With a more dynamic offense, Matt Ryan will have a career year and the Falcons will win the AFC South and win a playoff game.
3. Torrey Smith will become a top-level receiver, with over 80 catches, 1200 yards and 10 TDs.
5. Luke Kuechly will be a starter from Day One and win defensive Rookie of the Year.
6. The Bears most important addition will prove to be Mike Tice, and the offensive line will be much improved. The Bears will finish 2nd in the NFC North.
7. With the additions in the offseason, the Bengals will have one of the top O-lines in the NFL and BenJarvus Green-Ellis will rush for 1,000 yards.
8. Trent Richardson will be the focus of the offense, and will be the offensive Rookie of the Year, and will be the AFC North’s leading rusher.
9. Anthony Spencer will have a breakthrough year, and will break into double-digits in sacks.
10. Demaryius Thomas will be the go-to receiver, and will shine, with over 1,000 yards and 10 TDs..