The Baltimore Ravens need to start loking for a new middle linebacker to help replace hall-of-fame Ray Lewis, because it appears the Rolando McClain experiment will fail before it even begins, as the former Alabama linebacker was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest on Sunday:
Decatur police confirmed that the former Alabama Crimson Tide All-American has been charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after an incident at Pines Park.
Eyewitnesses at the scene told WHNT News 19 that police officers had ordered McClain and several other people to leave the park after a large crowd had gathered there. McClain allegedly refused to do so, and began cursing at the officers. Authorities said McClain was eventually handcuffed and taken to the city jail before bonding out a short time later.
It’s worth noting that McClain was released from jail after he posted a $1,000 bond and both charges are misdemeanors. This won’t keep the NFL from handing McClain a suspension, and the Ravens may hand him his walking papers. They signed him earlier this month to a one-year contract with a maximum value of $1.1 million.
There’s also this tidbit from Evan Silva:
Smartly, #Ravens guaranteed no part of Rolando McClain’s one-year contract. Suspect he was put on zero-tolerance policy & will be cut soon.
— Evan Silva (@evansilva) April 22, 2013