So to continue my Should But Won’t series which last left us in the midst of a Free Agency Period (which by the way, that article came true with 100% accuracy) we now find ourselves on Draft Day. So what should to Bengals do, but won’t? Let’s find out.
1. With the 21st pick in 2013 NFL draft, the Cincinnati Bengals Select…
Matt Elam, S, Florida.
I don’t have anything wrong with our fellow safeties out of Florida International, LSU, and Texas, but Matt Elam just seems to be more of a play maker. He also seems to be in the right place at the right time (Ed Reed much?)
2. With the 37th pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select… Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
Yet again. Nothing against Jonathan Franklin, Marcus Lattimore, or even Eddie Lacy…well actually I do have something against them.
-Franklin had a less than impressive 40 yard dash for a guy his size
-Marcus Lattimore has torn an ACL…twice!
-Eddie Lacy could not finish his Pro Day because he was “tired”.
3. Any reputable Corner, Wide Receiver, or Linebacker
- The Bengals think that they are sold on Sanu, which I don’t have a problem with, but I am not sold on Marvin Jones or anyone below him for that matter.
– Besides an agin Leon Hall, a mediocre corner in pac-man Jones, and last years first round pick who has yet to play yet in Dre Krikpatrick.. who else do we have?
-At Linebacker we have Vontaze Burfict…. and…. Vontaze Burfict… James Harrison is well.. 34.. and Rey Maualuga is just costing Mike Brown more money for a longer name plate.