The Cincinnati Bengals have arranged for a number of unsigned players to work with the team on a tryout basis during the May 10-12 minicamp for rookies and eligible first-year players.
Nine of the tryout players currently set for the camp have local/regional connections from high school and/or college:
- C Mario Benavides played at Louisville
- CB Cameron Cheatham played at the University of Cincinnati
- S/CB Brian Gamble played at Ashland and is from Massillon, Ohio (Washington HS)
- WR John Goodman (played at Notre Dame) is from Fort Wayne, Ind
- QB Taylor Housewright played at Ashland and is from Ashland, Ohio (Ashland HS)
- P Scott Kovanda played at Ball State
- QB Ryan Radcliff (played at Central Michigan) is from Sherwood, Ohio (Fairview HS)
- WR/TE Nick Truesdell (played at Grand Rapids CC) is from Greater Cincinnati (Anderson HS)
- DE/LB Taylor Wyndham played at Kentucky
It will be interesting to see if any of these guys are able to earn a spot on the training camp roster. Of the list, the best bets to earn an invite would probably be Taylor Wyndham or Mario Benavides.