Here’s the release from Bengals Media Relations regarding Mesko, as well as the signing of former Kansas City Chiefs TE Kevin Brock:
The Bengals today made the following roster moves:
* Signed free agent TE Kevin Brock, a first-year NFL player. Brock (6-5, 249; Rutgers) played in Games 3-6 of this season for Kansas City, with three catches for 36 yards. He was waived by the Chiefs on Oct. 29. He played in two games in 2011 for Buffalo, with two catches for 27 yards.
* Signed free agent P Zoltan Mesko, a fourth-year NFL player. Mesko (6-5, 225; Michigan) was a fifth-round New England draft choice in 2010 and punted in every Patriots game, including six postseason games, from 2010-12. In regular season play, he averaged 44.2 yards on 175 punts, with a 39.2 net, 71 inside-20s and 14 touchbacks. He was waived by New England on Aug. 31 of this year and signed Sept. 3 with Pittsburgh. He punted in Pittsburgh’s first seven games this season and averaged 42.5 yards on 34 punts, with a 36.7 net, three inside-20s and two touchbacks. He was waived by Pittsburgh on Oct. 29.
* Waived P Shawn Powell, a second-year player from Florida State. Powell was signed by the Bengals on Dec. 17, following an injury to P Kevin Huber, and punted in the final two regular-season games.
BENGALS RESERVE/FUTURE SIGNING
* The Bengals today signed free agent K Quinn Sharp to a Reserve/Future contract. Sharp will not join the team for any work or count on the active roster until the day following the Super Bowl.
* Sharp (6-1, 189; Oklahoma State) is a first-year NFL player for 2014. He was signed by the Bengals in May of this year as a college free agent and was with Cincinnati in preseason, going two-for-two on field goals and three-for-three on PATs. He was waived by the Bengals on Aug. 26.
Subscribe to FanSided Daily for your morning fix. Enter your email and stay in the know.