The Dearly Departed, Week 3
Our weekly look at how notable Bengals free agent losses and cuts are faring.
During free agency ’08, the Bengals lost three players — Landon Johnson, Madieu Williams and Justin Smith — and in their final cuts released fan favorites Rudi Johnson and Willie Anderson, as well as Deltha O’Neal and Ahmad Brooks. So, how did this years’ crop of ex-Bengals fare in week 3?
- Williams, now a Viking, is still out with a neck injury.
- Anderson got his first work as a Raven as part of the Baltimore line’s “jumbo” package.
- Landon had 1 tackle in Carolina’s loss to Minnesota, bringing his season total to 3 tackles.
- Rudi saw his first extensive work in Detroit yesterday, rushing 14 times for 83 yards (5.9 average), and catching 3 balls for 43 yards, including a 34 yard TD. He also had 1 fumble (not lost). However, his good work didn’t help as the Lions fell to San Francisco 31-13. For the season, Rudi has 99 yards rushing on 18 carries, 3 receptions for 48 yards, 1 TD and 1 fumble.
- Deltha got his second straight start with New England and added 3 tackles to his stats, bringing his season total to 11.
- Justin Smith was on fire against the Lions, recording 4 tackles, a sack and a pick. For the year he has 15 tackles, 2 sacks and an INT. Ahmad was inactive again.