The Dearly Departed, Week 9
Our weekly look at how notable Bengals free agent losses and cuts are faring.
During free agency ’08, the Bengals lost three players — Landon Johnson, Madieu Williams and Justin Smith — and in their final cuts released fan favorites Rudi Johnson and Willie Anderson, as well as Deltha O’Neal and Ahmad Brooks. So, how did this years’ crop of ex-Bengals fare in week 9?
- After missing the first seven games due to injury, Madieu made his debut as a Viking in style, producing 8 tackles and coming up with a pick in the end zone.
- Anderson made his fourth start in the Ravens’ victory over Cleveland. Overall, he has appeared in 7 of Baltimore’s 8 games.
- Rudi Johnson had 8 carries for 19 yards as Detroit choked against Chicago. He also had two catches for 13 yards. On the year, that gives him 72/208/1 on the ground and 10/84/1 through the air, with 1 fumble.
- Deltha O’Neal had 1 tackle in New England’s loss to Indy, bringing his season totals to 18 tackles, 1 pass defensed and 2 picks.
- Landon had a bye week. He has 11 tackles for the year. Justin Smith and Ahmad Brooks were also off this week. Justin has 40 tackles, 3 sacks, a FF and an INT for the year. Ahmad has not played.