The Dearly Departed, Week 10
Back from the bye, and nothing much has changed in Bengaldom. Indiana Jones took an injury settlement and a walk, Darryl Blackstock is back, Andrew Whitworth got a BS fine from the league for not allowing himself to be blinded, and there is as yet no news on whether Carson Palmer will return against the Eagles — though if he does it would be good if he gets his head out of fantasyland first.
So, to ease back into the week, our regular look at how notable Bengals free agent losses and cuts are faring.
During free agency ’08, the Bengals lost three players — Landon Johnson, Madieu Williams and Justin Smith — and in their final cuts released fan favorites Rudi Johnson and Willie Anderson, as well as Deltha O’Neal and Ahmad Brooks. How did this years’ crop of ex-Bengals fare in week 10?
- In just his second game of the season, Madieu had 6 tackles, bringing his total up to 14 tackles, a pick and a pass defensed.
- Big Willie got the call again in Baltimore, recording his 5th start in 8 games.
- Rudi Johnson had 2 carries for 4 yards as Detroit lost yet again. On the year, that gives him 74/212/1 on the ground and 10/84/1 through the air, with 1 fumble.
- Deltha O’Neal had 1 tackle and a pick in New England’s win over Buffalo. On the year, he has 20 tackles, 4 passes defensed and 3 picks.
- Landon had no stats against the Raiders. He has 11 tackles for the year.
- Justin Smith and Ahmad Brooks are up tonight against Arizona. Justin has 40 tackles, 3 sacks, a FF and an INT for the year. Ahamd has been inactive all season.
Update: Smith added 7 tackles and a pass defensed in last night’s loss, raising his season numbers to 47 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 passes defensed, a FF and an INT. Still no Brooks.