Hard Knocks was well done as always. Here is what I took away from Episode 1:
May 10, 2013; Cincinnati, OH, USA; Cincinnati Bengals second round draft pick running back Giovani Bernard runs with ball during the Bengals rookie minicamp at Paul Brown Stadium. Mandatory Credit: David Kohl-USA TODAY Sports
1) Giovani Bernard is good, very fast, very quick, and very funny. I love that he is driving his girlfriend’s mom’s minivan…and sees nothing wrong with it! How refreshing is it to see a professional athlete that has a down-to-earth mentality and a sense of humor about himself?
2) Mike Zimmer is awesome!
3) Hue Jackson is hilarious.
4) Geno Atkins is a beast, yet extremely nice, likable, and team oriented.
5) James Harrison is an angry man…and that is not necessarily a bad thing. This defense has needed an attitude and Harrison brings that.
6) A.J. Green is made of rubber. Not sure how he has “no structural damage” after that injury.
7) Andy Dalton is whipped.
8) The 2013 Cincinnati Bengals are loaded with talent.
9) The 2013 Cincinnati Bengals are loaded with all around “good guys” that are easy to root for. When is the last time you could say that?
10) Last, but possibly most important, the Millennium Hotel has tube TVs!…and charges $189.00/night for a room with said tube TV.