Episode 2 of HBO’s Hard Knocks series came and went last night, and here’s 15 takeaways I came away with about the Cincinnati Bengals because of it:
Dec 13, 2012; Philadelphia, PA, USA; Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict (55) along the sidelines during the second quarter against the Philadelphia Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field. The Bengals defeated the Eagles 34-13. Mandatory Credit: Howard Smith-USA TODAY Sports
1) Vontaze Burfict is going to be a stud.
2) AJ Green debunks every stereotype for great WRs.
3) Mike Zimmer has the mouth of a sailor….and I love every moment of it.
4) If Terrance Stephens gets cut – and he likely will – he has a shot at American Idol.
5) Margus Hunt will be a very good DE; just don’t expect it to be this year.
6) I don’t see how John Conner does not make this team.
7) I don’t see how Taylor Mays does; and I now see why he has struggled to find a home in the NFL.
8) James Harrison may kill someone….I just hope it is Ben Roethlisberger and not and HBO cameraman.
9) I am pretty sure J.K. Schaffer wanted to fight Rey Maualuga.
10) I am pretty sure had that happened, Schaffer would have won.
11) The backup QB situation concerns me; however, I would go with Johnson and his mobility.
12) Orson Charles will make this team – not sure how or at what position, but he will make the team.
13) I could listen to John Gruden all day long.
14) One day Marvin Lewis will fall while running the sidelines (I have never seen a man seem so unsteady running).
15) I am pretty sure the folks sharing dinner with Mike Brown at the dinner table scene made up the Bengals “War Room” in the 1990’s.