Aug 16, 2013; Kansas City, MO, USA; A general view of the Be Clear plastic bags outside before the game between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers at Arrowhead Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports
If you are heading to Paul Brown Stadium to see the preseason finale vs. the Indianapolis Colts, be aware that the NFL bag policy has changed.
Beginning this season, the NFL will implement a new policy that limits the size and type of bags that may be carried into stadiums.
The following will be allowed, according to NFL.com:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12.” (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags will be available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com/allclear)
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bags.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
- The new rules will accompany the pat downs and metal detectors fans have already come to expect when entering the stadium.
The Bengals stadium staff will also be handing out complimentary clear bags and reminding fans of the new policy tonight.