January 25, 2013; Ko Olina, HI, USA; Hawaiian hostesses U’ilani LaBoy (far left) and Aureana Tseu (far right) pose with AFC defensive tackle Geno Atkins of the Cincinnati Bengals (97), AFC wide receiver A.J. Green of the Cincinnati Bengals (18), AFC tackle Andrew Whitworth of the Cincinnati Bengals (77), and AFC tight end Jermaine Gresham of the Cincinnati Bengals (84) after their team photo at AFC media day for the 2013 Pro Bowl at the JW Marriott Ihilani Resort. Mandatory Credit: Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports
The NFL has changed the process for selecting players into the Pro Bowl, their version of the annual All-Star game comprising of the league’s best players. In order to ensure the to players, regardless of which conference they play in, make it to the Pro Bowl, the’ll instead have a draft-style selection of players from both conferences.
The 2014 Pro Bowl will be revealed on NFL Network tonight at 9:00 PM ET. This is the first time that the Pro Bowl will be “unconferenced.” Voting was open to fans, coaches and players and NFL fans cast 80,272,816 votes. Each group of voters represent a third of the equation in making the Pro Bowl selections.
Here are the top-10 vote-getters:
- QB Peyton Manning, Denver 1,432,257
- QB Drew Brees, New Orleans 1,206,000
- RB Jamaal Charles, Kansas City 959,707
- RB Marshawn Lynch, Seattle 931,563
- WR Calvin Johnson, Detroit 928,790
- QB Russell Wilson, Seattle 864,686
- RB Adrian Peterson, Minnesota 864,659
- RB LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia 801,818
- TE Jimmy Graham, New Orleans 800,347
- QB Tom Brady, New England 702,930