Bengals vs. Patriots: A Personal Experience in New England
Aug 24, 2014; Glendale, AZ, USA; Cincinnati Bengals fan wears a costume in the crowd in the second half against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
– Like I stated earlier, this was in no way an article to lump all Patriot fans together; however, I do not know if it was purely that one game or if every game is like that. Either way, they were without a doubt the most rude and disrespectful fans I have ever dealt with in my life. Personally I hate Steelers and Ravens fans, but they at least are not physical with opposing fans at the game. Heckling is one thing, hitting and pushing others who have not said a word is another world.
And just so people reading this do not think that I am just upset about the game, it wasn’t just me. I had heard several reports of fans being taken from that game to the hospital in a stretcher.
More from Stripe Hype
- 6 Bengals whose stock significantly rose in preseason game vs Cardinals
- 7 winners and 7 losers from Bengals preseason opener vs. Cardinals
- Jackson Carman winning LG job isn’t a given after Bengals preseason opener
- How to watch the Cincinnati Bengals in 2022
- Denzel Ward wants to flex on Bengals WRs in 2022
So my overall feelings towards Gillette Stadium would be that I would never recommend anyone to go to a game there. It was highly unprofessional. It had the most rowdy fans I have ever experienced, and I had never felt endangered for my own well-being during any sporting event, at any level, until this one.
My message to Robert Kraft. I had always had respect for this organization. I had always respected the Patriot Way. I had nothing to say but good things about the Patriots. But now, if this is the way you run your organization and allow your fans to act. I feel very sorry for you Mr. Kraft. It was the most classless organization I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.