Andy Dalton: Would You Rather with Bengals’ Quarterback?
Jun 16, 2015; Cincinnati, OH, USA; Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Mohamed Sanu (12) walks with quarterback Andy Dalton (14) off the field after minicamp at Paul Brown Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Aaron Doster-USA TODAY Sports
If you have listened to any Cincinnati Bengals player during the OTA’s and mandatory minicamp, they have pinpointed this year as the time to break through in the playoffs. Despite four consecutive playoff appearances, many fans are restless for a playoff victory. These failures, for the most part, has been put on one person’s shoulder (fairly or unfairly): Andy Dalton. Instead of trying to convince fans how good they have it with Dalton with facts, I want to go a different route. I will compare the other 31 quarterbacks in the NFL and see where Dalton stacks up. This analysis is only to focus on who I would want for the 2015 season, not the future prospects for the quarterbacks. Dalton might not be as low as some readers think.
Top Five Quarterbacks Who Would Assumedly Be Taken Over Dalton
- Aaron Rodgers -His numbers in 2014 are astounding: 4,381 yards, 38 touchdowns, five interceptions. Enough said.
- Andrew Luck – Luck exceeded Rodgers’ numbers in yards (4,761) and touchdowns (40). He is the future of the NFL.
- Tom Brady – When Brady is not instructing ball boys to deflate footballs, he is a four-time Super Bowl champion and a lock for the Hall of Fame. I would take him on my team all day and tomorrow.
- Ben Roethlisberger – While my personal dislike as a Bengals fan for Roethlisberger can bias my opinion, his toughness and championship pedigree make him a top five quarterback.
- Cam Newton – Cam is living large with his new contract agreed to earlier in the offseason. I believe he is on the cusp of stardom with a better supporting cast around him.
Next: Six 'On The Fence' Quarterbacks