Andy Dalton: Would You Rather with Bengals’ Quarterback?
3 of 4
I Would Take Dalton Over These Nine Quarterbacks
May 27, 2015; Lake Forest, IL, USA; Chicago Bears quarterbackJay Cutler
(6)during organized team activities at the Halas Hall. Mandatory Credit: Kamil Krzaczynski-USA TODAY Sports
- Philip Rivers – Rivers is a five-time Pro Bowler and a solid performer. Rivers, however, will turn 34 this season, and I believe he will begin to decline. A younger Andy Dalton offers more upside moving forward.
- Tony Romo – A similar story to Rivers. He is a perennial Pro Bowler. He is another walking injury waiting to happen and has taken a great deal of hits in his career. He is not a guy I would want in 2015.
- Jay Cutler – The much maligned quarterback of the Chicago Bears has been a turnover machine for the team, and they gave him a $126 million dollar extension last season. Enjoy that, Chicago.
- Sam Bradford/Nick Foles – I lumped these two players together because of the trade that brought St. Louis Foles and Philadelphia Bradford. Both of these players are coming off significant injuries. I would stay away from these two.
- Colin Kaepernick – Kaepernick was drafted in the same 2011 class as Andy Dalton. He has led his team to a Super Bowl, yet he is more of a run first quarterback. I would take Dalton’s steadiness over Kaepernick’s inaccuracy.
- Alex Smith – Some make the comparison between Dalton and Smith. While Smith has been extremely accurate, he is not a guy who has shown he can carry a team (always has had a great running game to be the dominant force on offense).
- Joe Flacco – Yes, a Super Bowl winning quarterback is normally desirable for your franchise, but the Bengals have been able to beat him with regularity. I am not a big Flacco fan. Dalton over Flacco.
- Carson Palmer – The former Bengals QB is 35 years old and burned every bridge on his way out of Cincinnati. Enough said.
Next: Quarterbacks Behind Dalton