O-line Keeps Clean Pocket
It was a great sign for a Bengals’ offense without two of its better play makers. Bernard and Green combined for over 40 percent of Dalton’s targets when they went down in the loss to Buffalo, but 10 different receivers have caught passes in the two-game stretch since they went down.
More from Stripe Hype
- 6 Bengals whose stock significantly rose in preseason game vs Cardinals
- 7 winners and 7 losers from Bengals preseason opener vs. Cardinals
- Jackson Carman winning LG job isn’t a given after Bengals preseason opener
- How to watch the Cincinnati Bengals in 2022
- Denzel Ward wants to flex on Bengals WRs in 2022
Even a better sign for the Bengals was Dalton staying on his feet. He had been sacked 32 times (tied second most in the NFL) through 11 games. On Sunday, however, the front five of Cincinnati did not allow a sack. The Eagles were tied for 11th in the NFL with 26 sacks coming into the game.
It was the first time Dalton was not sacked since last year’s win over the Rams. The offensive line allowed just six hurries and two QB hits.
Whitworth didn’t allow a pressure for the fourth time this season. And despite a lower leg injury in the third quarter, the two-time Pro-Bowler returned in the win while Eric Winston received reps at right tackle.
The offensive line draws a favorable matchup in week 14. The winless Cleveland Browns have the fewest sacks (17) in the NFL this season. Although three of them came against Cincinnati in their previous meeting.