If the Bengals plan on having any success on offense, they will need to improve the running game. The draft is obvious. But, free agency is calling.
Of course, the Bengals have lost a ton of key starters on the offensive line but there may be some ways to patch it up. The line probably won’t be as good as it was 2 years ago, but I think it has the potential to be decent. If they can provide Andy with a running game, that opens up the offense more and hopefully helps avoid a losing season.
More from Bengals Free Agency
- Stay or go: Projecting the Bengals top upcoming 2023 free agents
- Bengals should target Isaac Seumalo if he’s cut by the Eagles
- Bengals Free Agency: Eddie Goldman could be worth taking a chance on
- Bengals considered a fit for free-agent TE Eric Ebron
- 5 free agents with ties to the Cincinnati Bengals
Sure, Kevin Zeitler and Andrew Whitworth will be missed, but there’s no time for reminiscing. The Bengals’ running game was subpar last year. It was up and down, to say the least. Cincinnati had to focus on the pass more than the run due to getting little to nothing on the ground. The Bengals will probably try to follow the Cowboys blueprint by drafting a running back, have a line built around him and let him go wild.