Every Cincinnati Bengals Rumor to come from Senior Bowl week
The Cincinnati Bengals have been under a rare national spotlight this week due to the Senior Bowl. With that, many rumors have begun to swirl.
As the off-season rolls on, the Cincinnati Bengals remain center stage. So much speculation has been surrounding the first overall pick, Joe Burrow, Andy Dalton trades, and A.J. Green. Here is every rumor to circulate this week.
- Former Bengal’s offensive line coach and assistant head coach Paul Alexander claimed that Joe Burrow isn’t guaranteed to be the Bengal’s first overall pick. He insists Justin Herbert and Chase Young are still in the conversation (via @CoachPaulAlex)
- Dave Lapham said on a Bengal’s live mailbag he’d be shocked if the team takes a wide receiver in the second round. He believes it’s Burrow with the first pick and the best defensive player in round two (via @Jake_NFL)
- Geoff Hobson said on the same mailbag session that Chase Young in the first and a quarterback in the second is not a scenario the team would pursue (via @Jake_NFL)
- Lapham goes on to say Zack Baun is a guy the team is viewing favorably (via @Jake_NFL)
- Hobson says Joe Schobert will be too expensive for the front office to sign (via @Jake_NFL)
- He also believes the team wants to pay Green and Mixon (via @Jake_NFL)
- ESPN reporter Adam Schefter insisted the Bengal’s are not going to trade the first overall pick and they will spend it on Joe Burrow saying,
"“You don’t have to speculate on any trades. I’m telling you they are holding onto the pick and they are taking Joe Burrow at #1” (via @GetUpESPN)"
- Head coach Zac Taylor said he expects A.J. Green to be in stripes next season (via @SiriusXMNFL)
- Joe Burrow’s family was “annoyed” at earlier reports that he would follow Eli Mannings footsteps and refuse to play for Cincinnati (via @FOX19Jeremy)
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer claims the Bengals are considering Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert, Chase Young, and Joe Burrow with the first overall pick (via @AlbertBreer)
- Joe Burrow has yet to talk to any NFL teams, rather searching for an agent and recovering from the season (via @FOX19Jeremy)
- Offensive line coach Jim Turner has been high on offensive tackle Terence Steele over the course of Senior Bowl week (via @JoeGoodberry)
- Dolphins owner Stephen Ross loves Joe Burrow and would trade up for him (via @ProFootballTalk)
- Danny Kanell speculated on the Pick Six Podcast whether or not the Carolina Panthers would be interested in trading up for Joe Burrow due to their hire of Burrow’s college offensive coordinator, Joe Brady
- The following are players that the media is higher on than NFL scouts and the Bengals may have interest in: Edge Yetur Gross-Matos, WR Tee Higgins, OT Andrew Thomas (via @nfldraftscout)
Some other things to note:
- Director of player personnel Duke Tobin stated in relation to an Andy Dalton trade that they only wanted to make a deal both sides were comfortable with
- A.J. Green reiterated he doesn’t want to play on the franchise tag but wouldn’t turn down the money