Cincinnati Bengals Training Camp
Putting a Bow on Day 1
Another nugget from the first day of training camp that I didn’t include because I wrote a separate article about it was Sam Hubbard advocating for Jessie Bates to get an extension. Hubbard was wearing a shirt that had Bates’ charity on it and said he wants to play with Bates “for a long time”. Pretty clear cut there.
As far as the actual practice portion of camp, let’s break down some notable plays and players from the first day of action:
- Auden Tate had a nice contested catch when going up against newcomer Ricardo Allen.
- Tee Higgins looked good, which isn’t exactly a surprise.
- Joe Burrow was perfect in 7-on-7 drills. Sure, it’s just drills, but it’s good to see him back throwing the ball.
- Jordan Evans had a nice pass breakup and almost caused Burrow to throw a pick. The Bengals are hoping Evans steps it up this year to help out the linebackers.
- Evan McPherson put fans’ minds at ease a little bit, nailing all six of his attempted kicks with a long of 48 yards. Woohoo!
It’s only Day 1 but football is back and the countdown is officially on for Week 1 against the Vikings. Let’s go!
Day 1 had a lot for us to unpack but it’s only the first day out of a long training camp.