Cincinnati Bengals: Madden simulation vs. Bears in Week 2
The Cincinnati Bengals are 1-0 after taking down the Vikings in overtime in Week 1. The good guys will look to move to 2-0 but they’ll have to get through another NFC North team in order to get to that point. This week’s game takes place in the Windy City against the Bears, who are 0-1.
While the Bears looked bad on Sunday Night Football, they were going up against a much better Rams squad. Los Angeles is a Super Bowl contender while the Bears are going to be lucky if they find themselves in playoff contention when the regular season is coming to an end.
Madden didn’t believe in the Bengals in Week 1, picking them to lose by a touchdown to Minnesota. It’s hard to blame the video game for going against the stripes, as Zac Taylor hadn’t proved to be very handy in one-score games.
Will Madden doubt the Bengals again this week? Let’s take a look at the latest simulation.
Madden Simulation: Bengals 30, Bears 21
- Joe Burrow – 28-of-42, 298 yards, 2 TD, INT; 3 carries, 17 yards, TD
- Joe Mixon – 18 carries, 74 yards, TD; 3 rec, 22 yards
- Tyler Boyd – 9 rec, 116 yards
- Ja’Marr Chase – 7 rec, 57 yards, TD
- C.J. Uzomah – Rec, 6 yards, TD
- Logan Wilson – 9 tackles; INT
- D.J. Reader – Sack
- Larry Ogunjobi – 0.5 sack
- Chidobe Awuzie – INT
- Vonn Bell – INT
- Evan McPherson – FG: 1/1 (45 yards); XP: 3/4
- Andy Dalton – 11-of-19, 179 yards, TD, 3 INT
- David Montgomery – 15 carries, 109 yards, TD; Rec, 45 yards
- Cole Kmet – 8 rec, 95 yards
- Allen Robinson – 5 rec, 32 yards, TD
- Roquan Smith – 8 tackles
- Khalil Mack – 2.5 sacks
- Akiem Hicks – 0.5 sack
- Eddie Jackson – INT
- Cairo Santos – XP: 3/3
Madden thinks the Bengals will come out victorious in this one and sees it being more than a one-score game. Burrow has a great game according to this sim, totaling three touchdowns and putting the team on his back in tremendous fashion.
As for the Bears, former Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton will struggle, at least according to Madden. Montgomery is there to pick the Bears up a bit but it’s not enough even with the defense sacking Burrow three times.
Fans would be stoked if the team won by nine points against a team like the Bears. Yes, Dalton isn’t a great quarterback anymore but this would be a big win for the stripes, and moving to 2-0 is the goal entering Week 2.
Madden Record: 0-1