The Cincinnati Bengals shocked the NFL world with a blowout win over the Baltimore Ravens and now they’ll take that momentum to New Jersey for a date with the hapless New York Jets, who the Bengals are double-digit favorites against.
A season ago, putting this game on Halloween would have been fitting, as it’d have been a gross game between two bad teams. Talk about scary.
This year, however, the Bengals are 5-2 and the top seed in the AFC while the Jets are still the Jets. They’ve won just one game and are now without their rookie starting quarterback for what could be a few weeks.
Madden predicted a blowout last week but thought it’d be in favor of the Ravens. Fortunately, the video game was wrong.
Madden Simulation – Cincinnati Bengals 31, New York Jets 14
- Joe Burrow – 24-of-32, 361 yards, 3 TD, INT; 3 carries, 24 yards
- Joe Mixon – 20 carries, 104 yards, TD; 3 rec, 16 yards
- Ja’Marr Chase – 9 rec, 118 yards, 2 TD
- C.J. Uzomah – 2 rec, 67 yards, TD
- Tee Higgins – 3 rec, 45 yards
- Logan Wilson – 13 tackles
- Trey Hendrickson – 2.5 sacks
- Sam Hubbard – Sack
- Larry Ogunjobi – 1.5 sacks
- Chidobe Awuzie – INT
- Jessie Bates – INT
- Mike White – 11-of-28, 116 yards, 2 INT; 6 carries, 43 yards, TD
- Michael Carter – 10 carries, 56 yards, TD
- Elijah Moore – 3 rec, 45 yards
- Quinnen Williams – 1.5 sack
- Sheldon Rankins – 0.5 sack
- Marcus Maye – INT
This would be a welcomed sight for Bengals fans. There’s no reason this team shouldn’t pound the Jets into the ground, as the Ravens were a much tougher team and they did that with ease.
New York is throwing its inexperienced backup quarterback out there against a Bengals defense that has been feasting. It could get ugly.
I know a lot of people are nervous and thinking this could be a trap game but the Jets are bad, folks. Like, really bad.
Yes, there’s obviously a chance for the Jets to win because that’s how sports work — anyone can win on any given day — but the Bengals win this matchup nine times out of 10. Fingers crossed this isn’t that one time the Jets eek out a victory because that’d be demoralizing after such a massive win last week.