Bengals news revolves around how the team will induct two more members into their Ring of Honor this year and a possible reason as to why Ryan Jensen didn’t sign with Cincinnati.
Last year, the Cincinnati Bengals introduced their Ring of Honor and inducted four members into the inaugural class. This year, the organization announced that they’ll be inducting two more members when the stripes take the field for Thursday Night Football in Week 4. They play the Dolphins that week and will be adding new members to their prestigious Ring of Honor.
The inaugural class consisted of Ken Anderson, Paul Brown, Anthony Muñoz, and Ken Riley. This year’s class can still be voted on and there are 15 nominees hoping to make it into the prestigious Ring of Honor.
On another note, this past offseason the Bengals knew they had to fix the offensive line, as that’s what ultimately stood in their way in the Super Bowl. They did add three new members to the starting o-line but a name that was linked to them throughout free agency didn’t end up coming to Cincinnati.
Ryan Jensen was one of the more coveted centers hitting the free-agent market and it did feel as though Cincinnati would be a good landing spot for him. Peter King of NBC Sports said that he thinks the Bengals were going to be where Jensen signed until Tom Brady unretired and ruined that plan.
The Bengals signed Alex Cappa away from the Buccaneers to play right guard and signed Ted Karras to play center instead.
Check out what’s trending in Bengals news.
- Peter King thinks Ryan Jensen was coming to Cincinnati, but then Tom Brady happened [Drew S Garrison, Cincy Jungle]
- Bengals to Induct 2 Players Into Ring of Honor on Thursday Night Football [James Rapien, All Bengals]
- Each AFC North foe’s most overrated player [Bennett Snyder, Stripe Hype]
- 5 things the Bengals must do in 2022 to return to the playoffs [Cole Sullivan, Stripe Hype]
- One UDFA from every team that could make the roster [Randy Gurzi, NFL Spin Zone]
Regarding the Jensen news, it’d have been nice to have him as an addition to the offensive line but the team still did a good job compensating for not getting him.
As for the Ring of Honor, it’ll be interesting to see who gets inducted this year.